Take this Twice a Day for…How Long?
In America when we have a symptom arise, we generally go to the doctor. Let’s say you’re having chest pain. You go to your doctor, he does some testing and says “You have high blood pressure.” Don’t worry, though, because there’s a pill for that. He writes on his prescription pad and gives you a copy and says “Fill this, take twice a day, and that should get your blood pressure down.” Great! A cure! Or is it? I think we missed the part where he said for how long we’ll have to be taking this high blood pressure medication. He didn’t say. So what do we do? Take it for a couple weeks then stop? Oh no no no…you’ll be on that medication for much longer than that. In fact, the majority of patients placed on high blood pressure medications never come off!
I’d rather not go into great detail about all the flaws of research, manufacturing, and clinical trials. I would, however, like to point out these flaws with the process:
- Research…what research?” These medications are studied by the same company that is trying to get it on the market to make money…TALK ABOUT BIAS!
- Even if a drug fails or causes negative issues (even death) 1000 times, as long as it succeeds 1 time, the FDA clears it for you and your family to consume…TALK ABOUT SCARY!
- Most medications are studied for only 4-8weeks (yet most medications are designed for you to take for the rest of your life because they do not treat the cause…only mask the symptom).
- Never has there been 2 medications studied in someone at the same time (yet the average person is on 4 different medications at once, and the average 60 year old is on 13 different medications).
- Medications are designed to treat only symptoms and cause side effects to make lifetime patients for these pharmaceutical companies…IT IS ABOUT THE MONEY, NOT THE HEALTH.
Don’t get me wrong; there is a time and place for medicine…IN AN EMERGENCY. But over the next few months, let’s find out WHY you had a life-threatening condition. Let’s find the CAUSE!
Where to start: I’m sure we all know by now that there isn’t a lack of information out there. I’m not the first person to tell you that we aren’t looking at our health the right way, that pharmaceutical companies don’t care about your health, or that we need to address the CAUSE not the SYMPTOM. So people often ask, “Where do I start?”
Well, for starters, put down the potato chips and grab some spinach. You must train your brain to think like a healthy person first. Begin surrounding yourself with healthy options. When you eat a salad, think about how much better it is for you than fast food burgers. Just start exercising! If you’re one of the thousands of people who sign up for a gym and haven’t been there since January, get to the gym! Just start moving…
Once you start to re-program yourself to think like a healthy person, you’ll make healthier options. Maximized Living encompasses the 5 Essentials to health. I strive to be a perfect 10 in all 5 essentials:
- Maximized Mind:Time management, stress management, positive attitude.
2. Maximized Nerve Supply:Correcting the spine and removing any interference in the nervous system to allow your body to function at its peak level.
3. Maximized Nutrition: Giving the body the proper nutrients at the proper time allows for optimal cell growth and repair.
4. Maximized Oxygen and Lean Muscle: Exercise allows your body to take in higher levels of oxygen and creates lean muscle that keeps both your body and mind healthy.
5. Minimized Toxicity: Toxins and chemicals surround us in our everyday lives and are included in items such as medications, refined foods, household cleaners, and the items with which we cook.
If you work and focus on these 5 areas of your life, you will begin a journey towards health and freedom and will stray away from the path of sickness and imprisonment. START TODAY!